Happy Sif’s Day.
To be centered and balanced is much of the goal of my Self Virtues. Fidelity, Discipline, and Perseverance are virtues that draw upon things for strength that come from within. The principles regarding these virtues reflect that.
This issue is to bring discipline and routine to every area of my life that needs it while at the same time learning and getting up from each and every failure. I draw strength from the relationships in that I am loyal to those who have shown themselves loyal to me.
“Discipline is the willingness to be hard on oneself first and then if needed help with the development with others, so that greater purposes may be achieved.”
Principle: Apply discipline to every aspect of life that it can be applied.
Goal: To be following a full Paleo Diet by March 31, 2020.
Bucket List: Do a rebellious act on April 30th, 2020 – Beltane.
I have to say the main challenge here is jsut to have one week where all my routines are done and effective. It hasn’t happened yet but when it does it will be my standard of discipline.
“Perseverance is the ability to stand up and return from defeat and failure”
Principle: Keep getting up after every defeat or failure.
Goal: To engage in an exercise program that involves weightlifting, hiking/walking, and stretching/ yoga an average of three days a week from April 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020
Bucket List: To get at least one tattoo by March 18th, 2020.
Perseverance is natural to me except I need to learn from each failure, more so there are fewer of them. Being stubborn is OK, but it needs to be a strength that builds strength from learning as well.
“Fidelity is the will to be loyal to one’s moral philosophy, to one’s family, one’s friends, and most important to one’s self, and loyalty to one’s friends is valued as highly as loyalty to one’s family.”
Principle: Be loyal to those who have been loyal to me.
Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation (achieved)
Bucket List: Discover all the countries of origin from my genetics and visit them all by March 18th, 2029.
Perhaps if I was more loyal to myself I could be more loyal to myself. 🙂
Higher Virtue – Wisdom:
The point is to draw new wisdom from life from the self virtues and then apply it. Learning without applying is almost useless.
Rest Day Routine:
- Morning Routine
- Wife: Communication / Cuddle Time
- Blogging – Organize, revise, write a new post for the next day, 15 min. work on fiction.
- Cleaning – varies but one room of the apartment at least.
- Reading – 1/7th of a book
- Writing – 3000 Words
Good relaxing and yet gets a few things done. Can’t complain.
Goals and Bucket List Items Achieved (Since Summer 2018):
Goals Achieved: 5
- Graduated College with a BS in Political Science and minors in Economics and International Business – December 2018
- Finalize last requirements for my degree – Internship by May 2019 – May 2019
- Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation – June 2019
- Maintain a daily blog streak of one post per day for an entire year (365 days).
- By March 31st of 2020, to be the leader/participant in a group of some kind.
Bucket List Items Achieved: 0
The Rabyd Skald – Wandering Soul, Bard, and Philosopher. The Grey Wayfarer.